Nervous Patients In Manchester
Hi, my name is Dr Steve Maskill BDS from Oakley Dental in North Manchester.I have nearly 30 years experience as a dentist, and have helped OVER 10,000 patients that would describe themselves as nervous patients, anxious patients or have a phobia of the dentist (dental phobia) – to achieve the smile they deserve.
I am a dental phobic certified dentist and I have also completed sedation courses in London – The Society for the Advancement of Anaesthesia in Dentistry (SAAD). I have also mentored other dentists in the techniques of sedation. I have patients who travel from abroad for their treatment at Oakley Dental with the latest sedation techniques.
I recently treated a patient who hadn’t been to a dentist for 50 years – which is my record!
Facts About Sedation Dentistry
- It works.
- It is safe.
- Work requiring several appointments can be done in 1 visit!
- People who have difficulty getting numb have no problem when relaxed.
- It is safely used to reduce the fatigue of extended dental treatments that require long visits.
How does Midazolam work?
Midazolam is a drug that Dr. Maskill injects slowly into the back of the hand. Drowsiness (sedative) effects usually are obvious within minutes. Although the patient will be conscious throughout the procedure he will be completely relaxed and anxiety free so that Dr. Maskill can proceed with the treatment. The effects of midazolam can last for several hours after use. It is recommended that the patient does not attempt to drive but be accompanied by a friend or relative.
Who is a candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
- have high levels of fear.
- have had traumatic dental experiences.
- have difficulty getting numb.
- have a bad gag reflex.
- have very sensitive teeth.
- have limited time to complete their dental care.
- have complex dental problems.
- hate needles.
- hate noises, smells and tastes associated with dental care.
- are afraid and embarrassed about their teeth.
Contact us now for a FREE Oakley Dental Phobic Assessment
Contact Us Now
Your Dental Health Is Our Priority.
To talk to a member of our team please use the contact form, or give us a call today on 0161 773 0111Find Our Practice & Directions Emergency Dental Appointments Leave us a google + review