New Patients at Oakley Dental In Prestwich, Manchester
We would like to welcome you to our practice
We understand that choosing a new dentist can be a big decision and, for some, a leap of faith.
We are delighted to say that very many of our clients come to us by way of personal recommendation from their friends or family members – which is the best compliment the Practice can receive. Please do tell us if this is how you found us.
We have vast experience in caring for very nervous patients, so if you haven’t visited a dentist for a while, or feel anxious at the thought of a visit please do let us know. Dr Steven Maskill is a Dental Phobia Certified Dentist with over 25 years experience to help put your fears at ease.
If you would like some advice, to meet us in person or have a look around before making your decision, please give us a call on 0161 773 0111 or send us a message via our contact form. We will be very happy to answer any questions and, if you wish, we can arrange for you to have a complimentary informal appointment with Sabrina or Taylor our Treatment Coordinators to find out how we can help you. There is no obligation to join us at this stage – but if you like what you see, you are welcome to become a patient of the practice by booking a new patient examination appointment with one of our dentists.
Our caring and approachable team will accommodate you in any way we can. If you have any specific needs please inform our reception staff when booking your appointment.
If you are interested in joining please call our friendly reception team on 0161 773 0111.
When you contact the practice for the first time, our reception staff will explain to you that your initial consultation will take about approximately 30 minutes with the dentist, and includes all the necessary radiographs, and will cost £65.00.
A suitable appointment will be arranged to suit you. You will be asked to pay a deposit which goes towards the cost of your initial appointment.
New Patient Assessment
When you come for an assessment with your dentist as a new patient here’s what will happen:
- We will ask you to complete a Confidential Medical History Form. Please remember to bring in a list of any medication that you are taking. To let us find out more about how we can help you, we will also ask you to complete a Smile Check questionnaire.
- We will then invite you into one of our modern treatment rooms for a relaxed chat with your dentist. They will be interested to find out about any treatment you have had previously and if there are any particular concerns that you have with your teeth.
- Your dentist will then complete a thorough examination during which they will look at the teeth, gums, and check the jaw joints. A simple oral cancer screen will be completed by checking and feeling the soft tissues inside & outside the mouth. Low dose digital x-rays may then be taken together with photographs as appropriate for you.
- Your dentist will then clearly explain any findings and give recommendations for treatment. All options will be discussed to allow you to make an appropriate informed choice. We will provide you with a clear detailed treatment plan and a written estimate of treatment costs. You will be given the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have.
- If more complex treatment is required, your dentist may wish spend a longer time talking through options with you and we may ask you to return for a second visit for this at no extra charge.